Friday, November 8, 2013

During the 6th week of my family relations class, we discussed the transitions in marriage. This topic was particularly interesting as we discussed transitions I hadn't really thought of before. I knew that some adjustments between single life and married life include sharing space, and sharing a bed. But a few transitions I had never really thought of before were things like coordinating plans with your spouse. As we discussed these adjustments necessary to make in marriage, I realized how these adjustments can either bring a couple closer together, or create a wedge between them. When a couple compromises and makes adjustments together, they grow closer. However, when they feel like they are the only one making compromises in the relationship, they are going to drift further apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment